Kami Rita Sherpa is a renowned Nepalese mountaineer. He holds the record for the most ascents of Mount Everest, the highest peak in the world. Born on January 17, 1970, in Thame, a village in the Solu-Khumbu region of Nepal.
Kami Rita now lives with his wife, Lakpa Jangmu, and two children in Kathmandu. In order to give his children the opportunity to pick less dangerous careers than leading mountaineers, he has made sure they receive a better education.
He grew up in a Sherpa community with a rich mountaineering heritage. By the age of 24, Kami Rita Sherpa had scaled Mount Everest for the first time.
Kami Rita Sherpa Bio
|Name||Kami Rita Sherpa|
|Father||Mingma Chhiri Sherpa|
|Age & DOB||January 17, 1970|
|Place of Birth||Thame, Solukhumbu, Nepal|
|Relationship||Ms. Lakpa Jangmu (Wife)|
From a young age, Kami Rita Sherpa was exposed to the world of mountaineering due to his Sherpa heritage.
Sherpas are an ethnic group known for their expert climbing skills and deep knowledge of the Himalayan mountains. Growing up in this environment, Kami Rita developed a passion for mountaineering and embarked on his own climbing journey.
Kami Rita first climbed Mount Everest in 1992 as a member of an expedition team. Since then, he has made numerous successful ascents of the mountain.
Until September 2021, he had reached the summit of Mount Everest 25 times. As of 2023, he had broken his own record and scaled Mount Everest for the 28th time.
This is the world record Mount Everest summit by Kami Rita Sherpa.
Here is a Reuter video of Kami Rita after reaching Mount Everest for the 28th time.
WATCH: Kami Rita Sherpa, who summited Mount Everest for a record 28th time, wants Nepal authorities to launch welfare schemes for climbers who help bring in tourists like retirement benefits and education for their children https://t.co/95gbOij4cn pic.twitter.com/r8KGyOGkQG
— Reuters (@Reuters) June 4, 2023
His passion for mountaineering has led him to climb other peaks in addition to Everest. Some of the other notable peaks he has summited include K2, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, and Manaslu, among others.
Kami Rita Sherpa’s accomplishments have garnered him international recognition and respect within the mountaineering community.
He has become an inspiration for aspiring mountaineers and has played a crucial role in guiding and supporting climbers on their journeys to the top of Mount Everest.
His dedication, skill, and determination have made him an inspiration for mountaineers worldwide.
He has not only pushed his own limits but has also played a crucial role in guiding and supporting other climbers on their quests to conquer the world’s highest peaks.
Recently, Kami Rita Sherpa posted on his Facebook page about his Guiness Book Record for summiting Mount Everest for the 27th and 28th times.
Kami Rita Sherpa Records and Achievements
- Most Ascents of Mount Everest: Kami Rita Sherpa holds the record for the most ascents of Mount Everest. He had reached the summit of Everest 28 times, surpassing his own previous record of 27 ascents.
- Consecutive Ascents of Mount Everest: He has achieved the remarkable feat of climbing Mount Everest in consecutive years. He has completed these feats multiple times, demonstrating his endurance and commitment to mountaineering.
- Climbing Other High Peaks: In addition to his Everest achievements, Kami Rita Sherpa has successfully climbed other notable peaks in the Himalayas. Some of these include K2, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, and Manaslu, among others.
- In 2022, he received the Guinness World Record for the most summits of Everest by a male.
- He got recognition from the Nepal Government for his contributions to Nepal’s mountaineering industry. He also received various awards and honors.
Kami Rita Sherpa’s records have solidified his reputation as one of the most accomplished and respected mountaineers in the world. His achievements continue to inspire and motivate aspiring climbers to push their limits and pursue their dreams in the mountains.